top of page
Remodeling can be a frustrating process from choosing a contractor you can trust to design that will add value to your home. Here are some thoughts to consider:
- References - a contractor with sources will help determine your comfort and trust level. Make sure they have Integrity!
- Contract - read through the contract and make sure you understand the scope of work
- Money - For any project you never want to give a lump sum of your finances to the contractor; make sure the money you give him will cover the next phase of the project plus the labor. There should be a draw schedule in place to protect you and the contractor.
- Design - You and your contractor should have a clear understanding of what you want. Take your time and research your design. The design of your project should always add value to your home and not take away value.
- Reality - HGTV is a great source for ideas, but remember it can also be deceiving on how long a project actually takes and the cost of the project. During a remodel there will always be hidden and unforeseen issues with your home that will need to be fixed or addressed to complete the design. Unfortunately this is a reality of remodel and will more than likely cost you more money. Be prepared!
bottom of page